Thursday, September 22, 2011

model vs. dancer

Are you curious to know what a runway model and a ballet dancer eat or drink? I read this interview a couple of days ago in New York magazine and I really enjoyed it, take a look:

 Samantha Xu, Whose ten shows and presentations at Fashion Week included L.A.M.B. and Thom Browne

9 a.m.: Half a box of strawberries, glass of soy milk, whole-wheat flatbread with light butter and Nutella, bottle of drinkable yogurt
11 a.m.: Power-walk to agency while drinking coconut water
Noon: Power-walk to Lincoln Center for show
2 p.m.: Cheese and crackers, vegetables (celery, carrots, bell pepper) with sour‑cream dip, can of Diet Pepsi, two small frozen yogurts
3 p.m.: Walk for show (a group show of Argentine designers) in Lincoln Center, if that counts for exercise
4 p.m.: Power-walk to subway home
8 p.m.: Stroll around for about ten blocks
8:30 p.m.: Dinner at Neptune (a Polish restaurant): vegetable barley soup (a big bowl), tuna wrap with lettuce, and coleslaw. Drink: icewater.
9 p.m.: Cup of jasmine green tea; walk to subway home
10 p.m.: Glass of warm soy milk


“Before modeling, everybody told me I needed to eat more, but I eat like a normal person. Now they say I have a normal body type for modeling. So it actually made me feel better about myself.”



Ashley Bouder
Principal dancer at NYCB (dancing the lead role in Swan Lake)


8:45 a.m.: First two cups of coffee; stretch; walk the dogs
9:40 a.m.: Two scrambled eggs with large glass of water
9:55 a.m.: Walk to subway
10:20 a.m.: Stretch, followed by 105-minute NYCB ballet class and 45-minute Swan Lakerehearsal
1 p.m.: Banana, bottle of water; walk to post office
2 p.m.: Skirt-steak salad; walk to subway to go home
3:20 p.m.: Greek yogurt with peaches; nap
4:15 p.m.: Leftover spaghetti Bolognese
4:25 p.m.: Walk dogs, then walk to subway; stop for coconut water and coffee on way to theater
6:30 p.m.: Stretch and warm up backstage; coconut water
7:30 p.m.: Swan Lake performance begins
8:35 p.m.: Tuna salad and water at intermission
10:05 p.m.: Postperformance water and coconut water
11 p.m.: Crab cake and chopped salad with glass of Pinot Noir

“I watch what I eat and sacrifice some indulgences for my art. I don’t understand sacrificing your health to walk down a runway in pretty clothes.”



P.S. Interview with ballet dancers.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely think power walks and clean eating are key. I'm noticing a pattern with coconut water. Think I might get me some of that since people with lovely shapes are drinking it. Any excuse. Good food for thought (don't mind the pun) :) thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they both have walking almost everywhere in their diet plan and water.


    www.iwouldsorockthis.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never eat that little!

    xx THE CHEAP


    www.thecheapblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! its very cool to see the different meals that are both healthy and normal in so many ways! very cool :) xoxo MCS

    ReplyDelete
  5. so nice!
    If you like CK parfum dont forget to join my giveaway here:
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/2011/09/first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post, is really cool! xoxo
    http://rockandglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...