Wednesday, September 21, 2011

how to make your tea bag?

Isn't it just great to make your own tea bag?!
a beautiful mess blog's writer ,Elsie made this super cute D.I.Y tea bags ,supplies needed:

Coffee filters, Scissors, Sewing machine, Loose tea leaves, Stapler, Embroidery thread, Paper for tags.
To make them, follow these steps:
1. Cut two coffee filters into a rectangle.


2.  Stitch the filters together on three sides, leaving one of the smaller sides open.

3. Fill the teabag with the loose tea leaves, depending on the size of the bag and how strong you like your tea.

4. Stitch the top of the tea bag closed. All four sides should be stitched now!

 5. Fold down the corners, placing a 3-4in. piece of embroidery thread under one of the flaps, Fold the tip of the tea bag down, and use a stapler to hold it shut. (You could also stitch this part if you wanted to.)

6. Cut paper tags and glue, stitch, or staple them to the ends of your embroidery thread.

9 comments:

  1. I have to say, what a fun diy project!! And super easy too! I have always wanted to make my own tea back but never really took the time. Now that I see how easy (and cute!) of a project it is, I’m totally amped up to give it a shot. Thanks for posting! Love the tea cup by the way! If you know where we can find those cute little tea cups, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! I'd love to make these for small gifts i just don't know if I could stitch (as lame as that sounds!)

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute - great holiday gift idea!

    x. jill
    those ghosts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to be a correcter, but that was actually Amanda from http://www.indiejanephotogrpahy.com who posted that on Elsie's blog.

    I'm only defensive of her because she was my wedding photographer! She comes up with the cutest stuff.

    <3 Rachel
    http://www.dressupsandmessups.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, thanks Rachel for the correction :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet! i love diy's!

    http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I need to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...